To save time, you can request a copy be faxed, emailed, or mailed to you prior to your appointment.
We have a list of requirements that include:
* Your dog’s Annual Physical Exam must be current. If it is due it can be done during his/her stay and added to your boarding charges.
*Your dog’s DHP (Distemper/Hepatitis/Parvo), Rabies, Bordetella (kennel cough), and CIV (Canine Influenza Vaccine) must be up to date. If they are due, they can be done prior to being dropped off (recommended) or administered the day your pet is dropped off. A waiver form may be signed if vaccines are brought up to date during the time of stay.
*Your dog will receive a Capstar tablet the day of arrival, and again the day of departure regardless of whether they are on flea prevention at home. We do this to protect not only your pet but also the others that are in the Hospital. Capstar is a very safe pill that kills adult fleas only, for 24 hours. This ensures that your pet does not come in with fleas, and does not go home with fleas.
- We have large indoor runs for big dogs, and small, medium, and large-sized Kennels for small to medium breeds.
*The large dog runs can be requested for your smaller dog(s) if you want them to have a little more room, but please note that this is only available for the smaller dogs on an “as available” basis”. For example, if a large breed dog is admitted that can not fit into a small Kennels, the smaller dog(s) automatically default to smaller Kennels until the run becomes available again.
- Boarding dogs are taken out for a short walk/potty break a minimum of 3 times daily (morning, afternoon, and evening) in our secure backyard area. We do not allow them to play off-leash, or with other dog-friendly dogs unless authorized by you (the owner or pet’s representative) ahead of time.
- Our office is closed on Holidays, so things are done a little differently. We have one of our technicians come in twice (morning and evening) to feed, walk, and play with your dog(s) as well as clean their living area.
- Walks outside of our facility can be provided if requested and authorized by you (the owner or pet’s representative), and can only be done as time permits by technicians on a volunteer basis.
- Your dog’s run/Kennels are to be cleaned a minimum of once every 24 hours, regardless of whether it appears to need it or not. Cleaning is done more frequently as needed (if accidents occur).
- Meals and Feeding: We closely follow whatever specifications you make in regard to your pet’s food regimen. We encourage you to bring your dog’s normal diet, treats, etc to avoid dietary indiscretion and potential GI upset that could result from the sudden change of food.
*Should you forget to bring your pet’s normal food when you drop off or choose not to bring your own food, we will feed our hospital food at an additional charge. We feed a highly digestible diet of Royal Canin Brand Food.
- Medications: If your pet needs medicating during his/her stay we are happy to administer them at an additional charge. Please be very specific about when the medications need to be given, and how often (especially if they were not prescribed by us).
- Belongings: You are welcome to bring whatever items you feel appropriate for your dog (toys, chewies, etc) but please label them thoroughly with your name, and your pet’s name so they do not become lost. We do however tend to not keep any bedding as it may be misplaced. We provide blankets and bedding for your pet while they are here.
- Boarding Contracts can be located under the forms tab we ask that you please one each time for boarding.